Nadia Cabrales — Who is #TeamEmrit?
What better way to spend a Monday announcing our latest full time hire, Nadia Cabrales, who joins us as our Director of Operations!
Nadia is here to help ensure that we can get our wonderful CoolSpot into the hands of every person on the planet! She comes with two decades of service at Fortune 500 and global logistics service providers, and her work encompasses comprehensive international experience in Latin American markets, launching in-country start-up operations in Guatemala and directing turn-around of under performing businesses.
Ten Questions with Nadia!
- What does Emrit mean to you? — I feel like Charlie in the Willy Wonka movie. I have a golden ticket to be part of group of extraordinary individuals who are on a mission to change the world, create a true people’s network and create a life changing impact in the lives of many underserved communities around the world. As a native of a third world country, I know what a difference in someone’s life a $25.00 extra income monthly can make.
- What gets you excited/motivated and why? — A challenge, a problem to solve, chaos to order. Also seeing my family happy and seeing my kids grow. The biggest treasure I have is my family.
- How do you do work best? — Probably under pressure. I need the adrenaline rush.
- Who is your hero? — All my ancestors who through their decisions whether good or bad have allowed me to be here today. I also like to think that I am the hero of my own life.
- What is a worldview you hold and why is it important to you? — Not sure if it’s a worldview or not. But I believe that I don’t need a religion to distinguish good from evil. There are some basic laws of life and nature that are universal and apply to all humanity regardless.
- What is your superpower? — I can mend a broken heart with one of mom’s home cooked meals. If I love you — I will feed you.
- What makes you laugh the most? — I often laugh at myself. Especially when I’m trying to tell my kids of an anecdote of something silly and awkward that happened to me whether it happened randomly or as my kids would say I triggered it. Usually I can’t tell the story completely because I will squirm laughing.
- What is a pet peeve you have? — Don’t talk to me before I have had my first coffee in the morning. I rearrange the dishes in the dishwasher, as well as the eggs in the egg carton — it’s about balance. I also have a “thing” with toothpaste tube being randomly squeezed instead of from the tail and cap not put back on. Also, toilet paper not being placed in the right direction, car with the gas needle on Empty… and many more : )
- What is on your bucket list? — Hot Air Balloon Ride, Sailing, attending as many F1 events as possible with my kids.
- What is your dream vacation? — Beach is my happy place. Sun, Sand, Sea!